On January 17, 2002, the ASI Senate approved the Toro Tuesday Resolution to recognize Tuesdays during the academic year as “TORO TUESDAYS.” TORO TUESDAYS will serve as the official day to wear California State University, Dominguez Hills Gear (or also known as Toro Gear). Dominguez Hills Gear or Toro Gear will consist of:
- University distinguished colored Burgundy and Gold paraphernalia with the CSU, Dominguez Hills name.
- Another colored paraphernalia with the CSU Dominguez Hills name. For example, a shirt from Associated Students Inc.
- Any number of similar items being worn will count for one opportunity drawing ticket. For instance, 3 different key chains will merit one opportunity drawing ticket.
- Items with the original intent to wear will be counted, not items intended for other use such as pens and pencils.
- Inappropriate placement of items or inappropriate exposure will result in disqualification and not being able to participate in future Associated Students Inc. programs for the duration of the school year.
To promote the Toro Tuesday Resolution, Associated Students, Inc. initiated the Toro Tuesday Weekly drawings and the Toro Tuesday Grand Finale. Students can enter the weekly drawing every Tuesday by wearing school paraphernalia and providing their information on the Toro Tuesday weekly sign-up sheet at the ASI office. The winner of the weekly drawings will win a prize and be entered in the Toro Tuesday Grand Finale drawing at the end of the semester. The winner of the Toro Tuesday Grand Finale will receive the respective scholarship*. Each unique scholarship will have its own timeline for pickup. Winners will be notified when the respective scholarships are able to be picked up.
Eligibility Criteria / Student Requirements
Students who are participating must have an active account with the University in order to receive the scholarship. Students who do not have an account with the University working towards a degree will be ineligible to receive the scholarship that is processed through the student account. As such, the participant who is chosen as a winner must be an
enrolled student at California State University, Dominguez Hills the following semester. ASI highly recommends that all students should first consult with the Financial Aid office about eligibility before participating.
Students must be at least enrolled part-time during the Fall or Spring semester, with the exception of a student who is registered with the Student disability Resource Center (SdRC).
Students that are graduating during the current semester will be ineligible for the scholarship that is processed through their student account. The scholarship that is processed through their student account is applicable if they are re-enrolling for another qualifying program within the University or have loans/debt that is affiliated with California State University, Dominguez Hills.
To receive the scholarship, the student must have an active student account in the following semester with Financial Aid to successfully process the scholarship.
- Toro Tuesday Weekly Drawings
- Sign-Up: Toro Tuesday begins during the second week of each semester. On the scheduled Tuesdays of the Fall and Spring semester, a sign-up sheet is placed at the front desk of the ASI office for students to enter the weekly Toro Tuesday opportunity drawing. Students are asked to present a valid student identification card or proof of enrollment prior to signing up. Each student is required to enter their first name, last name, signature, major, student identification number, toro email, and club / organization (optional). Based on the number of items worn, the corresponding number of opportunity drawing ticket(s) will be entered into the opportunity drawing basket.
- Drawing: Within the same week, opportunity drawing tickets will be chosen by a random student (not an ASI representative) to pull out the winning tickets. The selected tickets are then matched with the corresponding student from the sign-in sheet who will be the weekly winners.
- Winner’s Notification: Winners are notified via e-mail that they are the Toro Tuesday winners for the week. Winners are asked to come by the ASI office to pick up their prize.
- Weekly Prize: Winners are asked to complete the winner’s form and present their student identification card for confirmation upon winning. Once the winner’s form is completed, winners are given their weekly prize.
- Toro Tuesday Grand Finale Drawings
- Drawing Logistics: All weekly winners’ names are printed on equal size paper, pre-folded and placed in a basket prior to the event. Winners are notified via e-mail about the date, time, location, and eligibility of the drawing.
- Grand Drawing Winner Selection: An opportunity drawing basket with the pre-folded names will be brought out at the start for the event. An ASI representative will pull one piece of paper out of the basket at a time and announce the names of the winners of the respective ASI Scholarship (book, technology, grand, etc.)
- Virtual Grand Finale Logistics: If students are unable to access the campus (global pandemic, campus shutdown, etc.) the Toro Tuesday Grand Finale will be conducted on the ASI social media channels.
- Winner’s Notification: Winners are notified via e-mail that they have been selected for a Toro Tuesday Grand Finale scholarship*. Winners are asked to come to the ASI office to pick up their prize.
- Grand Finale Prize: Winners are asked to complete the winner’s form and technology checkout agreement (if applicable) and present their student identification card for confirmation upon winning. Once the winner’s form is completed. Winners are able to pick up their prize when ready. If the prize if not ready when the forms are completed, the winner will be notified when the prize is ready to be picked up.
- The Grand Finale scholarship will be processed through the Financial Aid Office, the be credited directly into the student’s account for the following semester.
Please note that any further issues that should arise (that are not within the Toro Tuesday Guidelines) will vary from a student-to-student basis.
*Monetary amount will be determined by the ASI Finance Commission during the prior year budget cycle. There are also other prizes that include but are not limited to book and technology scholarships that are determined by the ASI Finance Commission.
Last adopted/updated by Rules, Policy, and Procedure Committee
On October 4, 2023 Date