22 Jul Student Maintenance Worker (Child Development Center)
The Associated Students, Inc (ASI) is a 501(c)3 not for profit corporation which serves as an auxiliary of the California State University, Dominguez Hills (CSUDH) with approximately 15,000 students. CSUDH is one of 23 campuses in the California State University system. The campus is an urban, comprehensive public university serving the extended South Bay area of the Los Angeles basin. As the student government organization, the ASI represents the concerns of the students. Through their membership representation on various University committees and groups, the ASI has a substantial influence on many important decisions. The ASI also provides programs and services to the student body.
Under the supervision of the Office Manager, the CDC Student Maintenance Worker is responsible for maintaining an immaculate appearance of the CDC. The CDC Student Maintenance Worker will provide visual aesthetic service for events/programs held in the LSU, exude excellent customer service, be comfortable working with chemical, possess knowledge of Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS/SDS), and report pertinent information/issues/needs/ideas about the visual aesthetics of the building as appropriate.
Required Education and Experience:
- Full-time student currently enrolled at CSUDH
- Willingness to complete maintenance worker certifications
Skills and Requirements:
- Willingness to work with an ethnically diverse and culturally pluralistic student body and staff.
- Possess and display excellent customer service in all interactions; maintains professional and courteous demeanor.
- Work performed involves bending, stooping, and lifting over 30 lbs.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently with minimum supervision, and apply good judgment.
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills and adhere to the instructions of others.
- Good organizational skills: ability to prioritize, complete assigned work duties and handle a wide variety of tasks.
- Cooperative spirit in working with peers, supervisors, clients, and guests.
- Able to mix and apply chemicals for sanitation and cleaning purposes.
- Possess knowledge of CDC building operations, setup designs and facility equipment (mop, broom, ladder, etc.).
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete all daily rounds as instructed which include special assignments as appropriate.
- Perform regular cleaning/up-keeping tasks (i.e. dust, sweep, mop, vacuum, window cleaning, trash disposal, etc.).
- Maintain detailed and accurate record systems while performing daily duties.
- Detail restrooms including but not limited to disinfect toilets, and product/s refills/stock.
- Conduct area-checks in lounges, building entrances, pathways/walkways for debris, dust
- Report any malfunction of building systems.
- Sanitize drinking fountain surfaces and child toys
- Ensure that the supply/work area is clean, well-maintained and organized. (disinfecting/cleaning of office and classroom areas)
- Work performed involves operating machinery/office equipment
- Relay all pertinent information, issues, needs, and ideas to management staff, as appropriate.
- Attend required staff meetings and trainings.
- Adheres to Employee Handbook policies & procedures.
- Assist with other duties and/or special projects as assigned.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation
- Required to walk, sit, stand, reach with hands and arms; balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch; Frequent use of hands for data entry/keystrokes and simple grasping
- Ability to lift and carry 40lbs.
Conditions of Employment
Responsible to the ASI CSUDH Children’s Center Office Manager
Workweek Class: Non-Exempt
Classification: Student Employee Level I
Work Schedule: 20 hours per week
This position is employed by the Associated Students, Inc. and is subject to related personnel policies and procedures. This position serves at will and does not receive tenure or permanency. The Associated Students, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity, Title IX Employer. In addition to meeting fully its obligations under federal and state law, Associated Students, Inc. is committed to creating a community in which a diverse population can live and work in an atmosphere of tolerance, civility and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each individual, without regard to economic status, ethnic background, political views, sexual orientation, or other personal characteristics or beliefs.
Student Staff Applications may be found on the ASI website located at:
A resume must accompany the application. Position will remain open until filled. Questions should be directed and materials submitted to:
1000 E. Victoria St
Carson, CA 90747
Phone: (310) 243-3686
|Hours||Up to 20 Hours a week|