On January 17, 2002, the ASI Senate approved the Toro Tuesday Resolution to recognize Tuesdays during the academic year as “TORO TUESDAYS”. TORO TUESDAYS will serve as the official day to wear California State University, Dominguez Hills Gear. Dominguez Hills Gear consists of:
- University distinguished colored Burgundy and Gold paraphernalia with the CSU, Dominguez Hills name
- Any other colored paraphernalia with the CSU Dominguez Hills name
- Any number of similar items being worn will count for one raffle ticket. For instance, three different key chains will merit one raffle ticket
- Items with the original intent to wear will be counted, not items intended for other use such as pens and pencils
- Inappropriate placement of items or inappropriate exposure will result in disqualification and not being able to participate in ASI programs for the duration of the school year.
In order to promote the Toro Tuesday resolution, ASI initiated the Toro Tuesday weekly drawing and the Toro Tuesday Grand Finale. Students can enter the weekly drawing every Tuesday by wearing school paraphernalia and signing in the Toro Tuesday sheet at the ASI office. The winner of the weekly drawing will receive ASI promotional items and be entered in the Toro Tuesday Grand Finale drawing at the end of the semester. The winner of the Toro Tuesday Grand Finale will receive a scholarship* in the following semester from ASI.
Student must have an active account with the University in order to receive the scholarship.
Students who do not have a student account with the University will be ineligible to receive the scholarship. Students should first consult with Financial Aid before participating. Monetary amount will be determined by the ASI Finance Commission during prior year budget cycle.
TORO TUESDAY WEEKLY DRAWING
- Sign-Up: Toro Tuesday begins during the second week of each semester. On the scheduled Tuesdays of the Fall and Spring semester, a sign-up sheet is placed at the front desk of the ASI office for students to enter the weekly Toro Tuesday raffle drawing. Students are asked to present a valid student identification card prior to signing-up. Each student is required to enter their first name, last name, signature, student identification number, club/org (optional), phone number and e-m Based on the number of items worn, the corresponding number of raffle ticket(s) will be entered into the raffle basket.
- Drawing: Within the same week, a raffle ticket will be drawn by a random student (not an ASI representative) to pull out the winning ticket. The selected ticket is then matched with the corresponding student from the sign-in sheet who will be the weekly winner.
- Winner’s Notification: Winners are notified via e-mail and/or a phone call that he/she is the Toro Tuesday winner for the week. Winners are asked to come by the ASI office to pick up their prize.
- Weekly Prize: Winners are asked to complete the winner’s form and present their student identification card for confirmation upon winning. Once the winner’s form is completed, winners are given their weekly prize.
TORO TUESDAY GRAND FINALE DRAWING
- Drawing Logistics: All weekly winners’ names are printed in a legal size paper, pre-folded and placed in the basket prior to the event. Winners are notified via e-mail about the date, time and location of the drawing. There are normally fourteen weekly winners and the Grand Finale is drawn the 15th week of the semester or the week prior to finals week.
- Grand Drawing Winner Selection: A raffle basket with the pre-folded names will be brought out at the start of the event. An ASI representative will pull one piece of paper out of the basket at a time. The last two remaining names pulled out will be the Toro Tuesday Grand Prize winners.
- The scholarship will be processed through Financial Aid Office, to be credited directly into the student’s account for the following semester.
- Student must be taking a minimum of 12 units during the Fall or Spring semester, with the exception of a student who is registered with the Student disAbility Resource Center (SdRC). If any classes are dropped before the Add/Drop week, the student will be ineligible to receive the scholarship.
- Seniors that are graduating during the current semester will be ineligible unless they are re-enrolling for another program within the University or have loans/debt that is affiliated with California State University, Dominguez Hills.
- In order to receive the scholarship, a student must have an active student account in the following semester with Financial Aid in order to successfully process the scholarship.
Please note that any further issues that should arise (that are not within the Toro Tuesday Guidelines) will vary from a student-to-student basis.