10 Mar Graduate Assistant
Associated Students, Inc
California State University, Dominguez Hills
Download Application Here
The Associated Students, Inc (ASI) is a 501(c)3 not for profit corporation which serves as an auxiliary of the California State University, Dominguez Hills (CSUDH) with approximately 15,000 students. CSUDH is one of 23 campuses in the California State University system. The campus is an urban, comprehensive public university serving the extended South Bay area of the Los Angeles basin. As the student government organization, the ASI represents the concerns of the students. Through their membership representation on various University committees and groups, the ASI has a substantial influence on many important decisions. The ASI also provides programs and services to the student body.
The Graduate Assistant assists the Associate Director in the support of ASI Student leadership and program development. Reporting to the Associate Director, the Graduate Assistant will coordinate leadership development opportunities for ASI Board of Directors, student staff, and interns. The Graduate Assistant will manage and supervise the Student-At-Large Internship Program. The Graduate Assistant may also represent ASI in campus-wide planning committees and/or off-campus auxiliary planning committees.
• Work closely with the Associate Director to provide ongoing support and advising to the Board of Directors
• Plan and facilitate bi-weekly leadership development workshops for ASI Board of Directors, student staff, and interns
• Plan and coordinate the August and January Leadership Retreats
• Manage and advise students participating in the Student-at-Large Internship Program
• Conduct assessments on ASI Student Learning Outcomes, development workshops, and Leadership Retreats
• Interact with staff, customers and student organizations to provide support and quality services
• Support advocacy and lobbying efforts during the California Higher Education Student Summit (CHESS)
• Serve as an advisor to various Commissions as needed
• Support various ASI programming efforts
• Confirmed admission to a graduate school degree program in the Higher Education field. All other requirements of eligibility for a graduate assistantship as established by the Graduate School must also be met.
• In accordance with CSU policy, a background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the ASI. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current ASI employees who apply for the position.
The Graduate Assistant can expect to gain experience in the following areas:
o Student government advising;
o Developing a learning curriculum for the Board of Directors, student staff, and student interns;
o Implementing student leadership development programs;
o Assessing ASI programs, services, and experiences
Conditions of Employment
Workweek Class: Non-Exempt
Work Schedule: Minimum of 20 hours per week; availability on Fridays 8 am-5 pm is required within those 20 hours
Scheduled Start Date: June 22, 2020
This position is employed by the Associated Students, Inc. and is subject to related personnel policies and procedures. This position serves at will and does not receive tenure or permanency.
The Associated Students, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity, Title IX Employer. In addition to meeting fully its obligations under federal and state law, Associated Students, Inc. is committed to creating a community in which a diverse population can live and work in an atmosphere of tolerance, civility, and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each individual, without regard to economic status, ethnic background, political views, sexual orientation, or other personal characteristics or beliefs.
Professional Staff Applications may be found on the ASI website located at http://www.asicsudh.com/getinvolved
A resume must accompany the application. The position will remain open until filled. Questions should be directed and materials submitted to:
1000 E. Victoria St
Carson, CA 90747
Phone: (310) 243-3686
|Job Category||Part Time|
|Rate||$15.45 per hour|
|Work Schedule||Minimum of 20 hours per week|
|Scheduled Start||June 22, 2020|